Can PQstatus() be used by Application to check connection to postgres periodically? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From sujayr06
Subject Can PQstatus() be used by Application to check connection to postgres periodically?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello All,
          My application has to do a real time data upload to PostgreSQL
server.
          Every time i have to do a real time upload, i do not wish to open
new connection.          I want to open a connection once [when my application comes up]
and periodically check if the connection is active.          Can PQstatus() be used by application to check the status
ofthe

connection already established?
          If PQstatus() cannot be used, does PostgreSQL provide alternate
interface to check the status of the                     connection.
         Note : I do not wish to open connection on every real time upload
as its an overhead for the application.
          Appreciate any help!

WBR,
Sujay