Re: BUG #6425: Bus error in slot_deform_tuple - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #6425: Bus error in slot_deform_tuple
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Duncan Rance's message of mi=C3=A9 feb 01 17:43:48 -0300 2012:

> I mentioned in the bug report that I has asserts in places were t_hoff is=
 set. I've been doing it like so:
>=20
> if (hoff % 4 !=3D 0) {
>   elog(ERROR, "wrong hoff: %d",hoff);
>   abort();
> }
>=20
> I've been sitting here waiting for the server to abort and only just real=
ised there are some interesting entries in my pgbench logs. I'm using pgben=
ch to hammer the server with queries, and I have a handful of these:

elog(ERROR) longjmps to the error handling code and never returns to
your abort() call.  If you want it to abort at that point, use elog(PANIC).
Or you could do elog(WARNING) and then abort(), which is pretty much the
same thing.

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>