Re: isolationtester seems uselessly rigid as to length of permutation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: isolationtester seems uselessly rigid as to length of permutation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of sáb ene 28 18:08:36 -0300 2012:
> I thought it'd be a good idea to put in some basic test cases for the
> EvalPlanQual code using the isolationtester infrastructure.  While
> fooling with it, I soon ran into this restriction:
>
>         if (p->nsteps != nallsteps)
>         {
>             fprintf(stderr, "invalid number of steps in permutation %d\n", i + 1);
>             exit_nicely();
>         }
>
> ie, a "permutation" list has to specify exactly as many steps as there
> are in the spec file.  This seems to me to be a useless restriction,
> because it prevents running a test sequence that repeats some steps or
> leaves other steps out.  Barring objections, I'm going to remove the
> above lines.

Yes, sorry, that patch was a mistake (misdiagnosed problem, later
patched differently).  My FOR KEY SHARE patch deals with that too, but
I'm happy with just removing the test.