Re: [RFC] grants vs. inherited tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [RFC] grants vs. inherited tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Marko Kreen's message of jue dic 29 15:22:49 -0300 2011:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 03:12:50PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Excerpts from Marko Kreen's message of jue dic 29 15:04:49 -0300 2011:
> > > 3) Have a way to format aclitem into something
> > >    that can used to create GRANT statement easily.  Eg:
> > >
> > >      pg_get_privilege_info(
> > >           IN priv aclitem,
> > >       OUT rolename text,
> > >       OUT privlist text[],
> > >       OUT privlist_with_grant_option text[]);
> > >
> > >    This allows doing complex introspection in pl/pgsql
> > >    and also helps tools that want to re-create table structure
> > >    in other databases.
> >
> > aclexplode?
>
> I guess that decides the name.  :)

I have the (hopefully wrong) impression that you're missing the fact
that it already exists, at least in 9.0.

I have a backported version of it we wrote for a customer, in case
you're interested on using it in previous releases.  Not that it's all
that difficult to write ...