Re: pgsql data file location - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: pgsql data file location
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hello Mallah,
>
> Tried the PG_dump command and it works great. Any idea about the location of the backup
> file?

pg_dump is supposed to outout to stdout. you can redirect to a file using >

$ pg_dump dbname > /path/to/dumpfile.sql

Also is the database backup  or are the tables and schemas backed up too.

it backs up everything in the database except large objects(lo)
(ignore it if u dont know understand lo)

what else do u expect it to backup if not tables and schemas?

Any restore
> command to be used .

$ psql -f dumpfile.sql