Re: corruption bug in 7.2.3-RH - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: corruption bug in 7.2.3-RH
Date
List pgsql-general
Jonathan Ellis <jonathan@carnageblender.com> writes:
> when trying to vacuum I got this:
> FATAL 2:  PageIndexTupleDelete: corrupted page pointers: lower = 21845,
> upper = 21845, special = 21845

Hmm ... 21845 = hex 5555, and you have the same in at least three places
in the page header ... you have a badly clobbered page there.  Check
for hardware problems.

> I experimentally determined the problem was with my "users" table.  I
> did a pg_dump -t on it, manually deleted all triggers, dropped the
> table, and loaded from the dump.  This fixed it.

But you probably lost a few rows, like whatever was on the trashed page
(or pages?).  Can you do anything to crosscheck the data you have left?

            regards, tom lane