Re: Open Source Projects using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: Open Source Projects using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 15:43 -0800 schrieb Chris Travers:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Michael Banck
> > I could not find any other lists, so I started one on the wiki for now
> > with the projects I have gathered so far:
> >
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/OpenSource_Projects_Using_PostgreSQL
>
> LedgerSMB (http://www.ledgersmb.org) is an open source accounting and
> ERP project which uses PostgreSQL exclusively.

Oh right, I saw your blog posts over the last weeks, but I did an
initial list a while ago and forgot to add it.

>  Wondering how to get it on the list.  I didn't see an easy way to
> create an account so maybe that's not open to the general public.

I believe you need a community account, which I you have to create via
the main site AFAIK. I have added LedgerSMB now, FWIW.

> I think the list is very useful, btw.  I would suggest if possible
> adding links to the projects so folks who want more information can go
> to the respective web pages.

Absolutely, I was just a bit in a hurry earlier on.  If I find time over
the weekend, I will add the respective links if nobody beats me to it.

> There are a couple major reasons why I think such a list is very useful:
> 1)  It shows people what they can do with PostgreSQL
> 2)  It helps the community find open source software that supports PostgreSQL.

Yeah.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Tel.: +49 (0) 2161 / 4643-171

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz