Re: FE/BE protocol vs. parameterized queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FE/BE protocol vs. parameterized queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews@supernews.com> writes:
> I believe this could usefully (and transparently to clients) be changed
> so that Bind on the unnamed statement does _not_ store the plan back in
> the unnamed statement's context, but instead produces a plan which is
> only used _for that specific portal_.

That seems OK to me, since we document the unnamed statement/portal as
being optimized for one-shot execution.  Unfortunately it's probably
less than a trivial change, because the planner never assumes that
Params are constants; that would have to be changed somehow.