Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i
Date
Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net> writes:
> I don't think that any of our SGML documentation is actually in UCS-4
> encoding.

The source files use nothing beyond plain ASCII (and should remain that
way, IMHO) so there isn't any need to inquire very far into exactly what
the toolchain thinks the "document encoding" is.  The issue at hand here
is what the *output* character set is, which is to say the "document
character set" if I have the jargon right.  That is the space over which
we are permitted to use &-entities.