Re: very slow when writing query to file - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: very slow when writing query to file
Re: very slow when writing query to file
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 12:02 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 11:22 +0100, boris pezzatti wrote:
> > I tested after column types, and the colum that appears to create the
> > very slow behaviour is of type boolean. Retrieving only 1 column for
> > 3000 records delays at ca. 1 minute.
> >
> > Do you know any possible reason?
> >

> That's good to know. I tried with a boolean column, which gave me 7
> seconds for 10000 rows. Which doesn't seem much, but it's actually 7
> times more than without the boolean column.
>
> It seems we keep executing the same SQL command, 10000 times (actually
> as much as your number of rows). And that is weird.
>
> I'll look into this.

OK, found it. We introduced some time ago a cache for type lookup. It
seems the boolean type doesn't make it to the cache. The patch is
commited. It should be available with the release of 1.14.1.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com