isolationtester and invalid permutations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject isolationtester and invalid permutations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Instead of simply aborting a spec that specifies running commands on
blocked sessions (what we call an invalid permutation), it seems more
useful to report the problem, cleanup the sessions, and continue with
the next permutation.

This, in conjunction with the dry-run patch I submitted earlier, makes
it easier to determine a working spec: dry-run the spec; copy the
so-generated permutation lines into the spec; run the spec normally,
which reports the invalid permutations; comment out the invalid
permutations from the spec; done.

The attached patch, again from Alexander Shulgin (with some tweaks from
me) does that.

Comments?

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>