Re: problem when optimizing the window aggregation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problem when optimizing the window aggregation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Wang, Chaoyong" <Chaoyong.Wang@emc.com> writes:
> I used the function datumCopy as following:

> peraggstate->transValue = datumCopy(peraggstate->tempTransValue,
> peraggstate->transtypeByVal, peraggstate->transtypeLen);

You need to guard that with an is-null check, because datumCopy isn't
designed to cope with null values.  (Which is historical, I guess, but
we're not likely to change it now.)  If you look around you will find
plenty of examples of this coding pattern.