Re: Is there any plan to add unsigned integer types? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Is there any plan to add unsigned integer types?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2011-09-26 at 19:41 +0900, crocket wrote:
> MySQL already has unsigned INT type, and it has double the range of
> signed INT type.
> It's not just the bigger range that UINT type brings.
> If unsigned INT type exists, I wouldn't have to execute "create domain
> UINT" in every database.
>
> If "INT unsigned" and "SERIAL unsigned" exist, PostgreSQL would bring
> more convenience to users.

I believe there have been many discussions about this in the past,
outlining the various issues that would come with this project.  A first
step would be to start implementing this in user space and see how much
breaks.