Re: 9.0, 9.1 RPM based parallel execution? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: 9.0, 9.1 RPM based parallel execution?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 18:58 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> so I have a centos6 machine running the 9.0.latest from the
> yum.postgresql.org repo...
>
> I'd like to bring up 9.1 on it in parallel, on a different port and
> directory.    but I still want 9.0 to be the default install...   I was
> looking at the PG wiki and didn't see this explained.

Well, the current design is always to have the latest version as the
default version. So, when you install 9.1, it will be the default under
$PATH.

However, after installing 9.1, you can play with alternatives, and set
9.0's priority something between 910 and 920, so that they will be
picked up.

rpm -q --scripts postgresql90 will give you the scripts that we run for
alternatives. Just change 900 with 911 or so.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Attachment