Re: Constantly increasing per connection memory usage on pg 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Constantly increasing per connection memory usage on pg 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Eliott <eliott100@gmail.com> writes:
> So, can anybody confirm that is is normal for a 9.2 based server
> connection to take up 10 times the connection specific memory that 8.3
> used to need?

I'm sure there's been some bloat over time, but I can't offhand think of
a reason for it to be 10X more than 8.3 was.  You might try attaching to a
backend with gdb and doing "call MemoryContextStats(TopMemoryContext)"
periodically to try to identify where the memory is going.  (The output
from that will go to postmaster stderr, so make sure your logging
configuration will capture that.)

            regards, tom lane