Re: UUID generation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UUID generation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
> On Fri, October 2, 2020 18:46, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The two likely possibilities are that Idempiere isn't connecting to the
>> same database as you are doing manually, or that it is using a search_path
>> setting that doesn't include the "public" schema.
>> I think you could also get this if the "public" schema is not readable
>> by Idempiere's userid, but that doesn't seem terribly likely.

> idempiere=# \dn
>     List of schemas
>    Name    |   Owner
>  adempiere | adempiere
>  public    | postgres

Uh ... that rules out exactly none of those three possibilities.
"\dn" says what schemas exist, but it tells you nothing about
either search_path or privileges.

You could try "select current_schemas(true)" to narrow things
down a little bit, as that would show the active search path
in your session.

            regards, tom lane