Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From bhavesh1385
Subject Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date
Re: Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL
List pgsql-sql
Hello All,

I Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL.

I am Try to using create the database on PostgreSQL with the same query on
MySQL then it will create a problem...

I have make changes according to the Datatype of PostgreSQL and below are
the syntax for the query.

Into MySQL the Syntax Look like :-
---------------------------------
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `tbl_admin` ( `iadmin_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `vemail` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`vname`varchar(255) NOT NULL, `irole_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `vpassword` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `estatus`
enum('Active','InActive')NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`iadmin_id`)

) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

So i want to execute the same query into PostgreSQL and i try the same query
but error occur..

and i correct the syntax of the query according to PostgreSQL as following
------------------
CREATE TABLE tbl_admin1 ( iadmin_id integer NOT NULL, vemail character varying, vname character varying, irole_id
integer,vpassword character varying, PRIMARY KEY (iadmin_id)

)

---------------
NOTE :- Still I have some below confusion into following

[1] How to make Primary Key as a Auto Increment...?
[2] Suppose I want to put 'ENUM' data type then how i can do that ..?
[3] Please suggest me basic Data type Comparesion between PostgreSQL and
MySQL .. like :-
         PostgreSQL              MySQL
---------------------------------------------     characte varying         VARCHAR        integer
INT

like that i want all the possible data type comparision.

Thanks,
Bhavesh Patel