GRANT privileges strange behavior - Mailing list pgsql-general

From igivanoff
Subject GRANT privileges strange behavior
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have the following situation:

postgres=# create database foo with encoding = 'UTF8';
postgres=# \c foo
foo=# CREATE SCHEMA sc;
foo=# ALTER DATABASE foo SET search_path=sc, pg_catalog;
foo=# CREATE ROLE usr LOGIN PASSWORD 'usr' NOINHERIT CREATEDB VALID UNTIL
'infinity';
foo=# grant all privileges on all sequences in schema sc to usr;
foo=# CREATE SEQUENCE foo_seq INCREMENT BY 1;
foo=# select relname, relacl from pg_class where relkind = 'S';
 relname | relacl
---------+--------
 foo_seq |
(1 row)

i.e. even thought I request to have all privileges for all sequences in the
schema, I don't for any new ones.

This is not a problem for a fresh PostgreSQL database where I can set the
grant at the end of the schema deployment. But if I want to add any new
sequence to the database I need to explicitly add the grant to each new
sequence.

Is this expected behavior?
If so is there a work around to my problem so I can get all privileges to my
user for any new sequence in the schema?

Thanks,
- Ivo