Re: pg_dump reporing version of server & pg_dump as comments in the output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump reporing version of server & pg_dump as comments in the output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeevan Chalke <jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Can't we remove this else all-together and print extra line unconditionally?
> Also can we remove curly braces in if and else near these code changes ?
> (Attached patch along those lines)

I committed this with slight further rearrangement to create what seems
like better vertical whitespace choices in verbose vs non-verbose cases,
to wit

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

-- Dumped from database version 9.5devel
-- Dumped by pg_dump version 9.5devel

SET statement_timeout = 0;

vs

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

-- Dumped from database version 9.5devel
-- Dumped by pg_dump version 9.5devel

-- Started on 2014-07-07 19:05:54 EDT

SET statement_timeout = 0;