Re: Problems renaming referencing column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems renaming referencing column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Alexander M. Pravking" <fduch@antar.bryansk.ru> writes:
> In 7.4.3, if I rename a column which references another table,
> constraint trigger fails on update or delete from main table.

> The problem goes away after re-creating the foreign key:

Actually all you have to do is start a fresh backend.  The problem is
that the "ALTER TABLE slave" fails to force an update of the backend's
relcache entry for "master".  AFAICS this problem has always been there.
Certainly your test case yields a failure of some type in every release
back to 7.0 ...

            regards, tom lane