User Interface [was : eval function]

From: Vincent Veyron
Subject: User Interface [was : eval function]
Date: ,
List: pgsql-general

Tree view

eval function  (Sim Zacks, )
 Re: eval function  (Merlin Moncure, )
  Re: eval function  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: eval function  ("David Johnston", )
    Re: eval function  (Merlin Moncure, )
     Re: eval function  (Chris Travers, )
      Re: eval function  (Merlin Moncure, )
    Re: eval function  (Chris Travers, )
     Re: eval function  (Sim Zacks, )
      Re: eval function  (Chris Travers, )
       Re: eval function  (Sim Zacks, )
        Re: eval function  (Chris Travers, )
         Re: eval function  (saeed ahmed, )
          Re: eval function  (John R Pierce, )
          User Interface [was : eval function]  (Vincent Veyron, )
   Re: eval function  (Sim Zacks, )
    Re: eval function  (Jaime Casanova, )
     Re: eval function  (Sim Zacks, )

Le dimanche 31 juillet 2011 à 18:43 +0200, saeed ahmed a écrit :
> i am new to postgresql and not very good in english language.i need
> help to understand,how i can make,(by using postgresql)something like
> microsofts access.i remebre you see a lot of buttons and
> functions.when you finish inserting some data,you have something
> permanent like a software that remains for ever.and everytime you need
> to insert new data ,you can simply.
> another example is openoffice's base.where you can make tables,queries
> and lot more.
> what i want to know is how can one use postgresql like microsoft
> access or openoffices base?

Hi saeed,

It can be done by using ODBC, or SDBC drivers. See
OpenOffice/LibreOffice documentation.

But I find installing a postgres server is overkill for office
applications. May be it would be easier for you to use SQLite? very
performant file-based database engine:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Using_SQLite_With_OpenOffice.org

--
Vincent Veyron