Re: postgres unable to start - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tommaso
Subject Re: postgres unable to start
Date
List pgsql-general
Hallo,

some info:

Postgres 8.4
Ubuntu 10.04.1
Linux hdmisv03 2.6.32-24-server #39-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 28 06:21:40 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and we installed Postgres through atp.

The user wanted just to kill a connection from another user on a database. He did not kill the whole server process but only one connection on a single database.
The filesystem and the postgres server were ok. No reboot or power interuption, however fsck was not run recently.
The cluster includes about 450 databases. Perhaps too much?

If we identify the corrupted database (I think the one with OID 35531019), is there a way to remove it manually from the file system?

Tommaso