Re: Implementing "thick"/"fat" databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Implementing "thick"/"fat" databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mardi 26 juillet 2011 à 11:23 -0500, Merlin Moncure a écrit :
>  I think I've been cursed due
> to have discovered the secret to fast, efficient programming while
> continually being constrained from developing that way.   Then again,
> most programmers probably feel like that :-).

I think there is a very good reason for that : contrary to the official
discourse, I believe executives in organizations actively maintain
complexity, consciously or not.

See the accomplishments of free/open source software in sometimes very
complex projects, without the need for a hierarchical management
structure.

I know I'm astounded.

--
Vincent Veyron