making the testsuite installable - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Pavel Raiskup
Subject making the testsuite installable
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello all.

My issue with current testsuite solution:

  The testsuite requires 'root' account.  Thats needed because successful run
  requires PostgreSQL properly configured and running.  This is hardly
  achievable during package build because (e.g. in Fedora) we build packages
  under non-privileged user.

  Running git testsuite against distributed psqlodbc is not comfortable so
  I doubt users run the testsuite.  Running the testsuite automatically is
  not trivial.

It would be really nice to have the testsuite installed with 'make
install'.  That would allow us to package the testsuite as separated
(sub)package and distribute it to end-users (who should be able to have
enough privileges).  It would also allow me to write privileged scripts
for downstream testing.

Would you be interested in patches implementing this? ..
* adding option ./configure --enable-dist-tests (default off)
* make tests sub-directory autoreconfed

Pavel