Re: Patchless postgres 8.x on AIX - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patchless postgres 8.x on AIX
Date
List pgsql-ports
Seneca Cunningham <scunning@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> What is happening with postgres certainly appears to be related to the
> linker; in dynahash.c, the keycopy functions that work with no new
> linker flags (strncpy, memmove worked as a memcpy replacement) are all
> exported by libreadline.a, while the segfaulting/infinite-looping memcpy
> is not.

libreadline exports these??  I'd say you have a seriously braindead copy
of libreadline ... can you recompile a fresh copy off the net?

The inet failures look like there is consistently no support for IPv6.
I wonder if the linker is somehow replacing our own inet-parsing
subroutines with a non-IPv6-aware set.  It's conceivable that there
could be a name collision with subroutines from an old version of
libbind.

            regards, tom lane