Re: Spurious errors relating to escaped single quotes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Spurious errors relating to escaped single quotes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Gavin Flower's message of jue jul 14 07:45:00 -0400 2011:
> Hi,
>
> Using pg 9.1beta3, I was found that running a function generated an
> error relating to escaped single quotes, yet still produced the answer I
> expected!

The errors are not spurious.  The function doesn't exist now because it
didn't get created.  What happened is that now your inserts are going
into the parent table, not the partitions as your script intended.