Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe#md5=57e1e64f6b7c7f1d2eddfc9746bbaf20
> >  * install setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe
> >  * include C:\Python27\Scripts in %path%
> >  * in cmd, type "easy_install.exe -U Sphinx"
> >
> > Mac OS X prep steps
> >
> > I already had Python and the easy_install module, so I just had to
> > install Sphinx with the usual command ("easy_install -U Sphinx")
> >
> > Windows Visual Studio project changes
> >
> > It should be quite simple. We simply need to change the Docs project so
> > that it launches the "make html" command instead of the "builddocs.bat".
> > We'll also have to add all the rst files in this project.
> >
> > Linux, and Mac OS X Makefile
> >
> > This should also be quite simple. We only need to change the Makefile so
> > that it calls the Make in the docs directory.
> >
> > If it seems good enough for you, I'll update the rst filess with the new
> > changes. I'll update the build system. And creates one big patch for all
> > of this. OK?
>
> OK.

Update on the files done. You can find that preliminary work on
https://github.com/gleu/pgadmin3/tree/docs (branch name is docs).

I still need to work on the build system.

> > The remaining question is: what style do we want? do we keep the default
> > theme? should we code one? any idea on what that should be?
>
> If we code one, it should probably roughly follow the websites style.
>
> Speaking of which, we'd need to figure out how we'd automate the
> publishing of the docs on the website....

Oh yes, good point: grab the GIT, enter the subdirectory (for example,
docs/en_US), launch "make html", grab all _build/html and put that on
the website.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info