Re: Lift line-length limit for pg_service.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lift line-length limit for pg_service.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> [ 0001-Refactor-pg_service.conf-and-pg_restore-TOC-file-par.patch ]

I reviewed this and noticed that you'd missed adding resetStringInfo
calls in some code paths, which made me realize that while
pg_get_line_append() is great for its original customer in hba.c,
it kinda sucks for most other callers.  Having to remember to do
resetStringInfo in every path through a loop is too error-prone,
and it's unnecessary.  So I made another subroutine that just adds
that step, and updated the existing callers that could use it.

Pushed with that correction.