Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!
Date
List pgsql-general
Le dimanche 26 juin 2011 à 16:41 +0200, Pavel Stehule a écrit :

> everywhere, where you require readability. For me a FALSE is more
> readable than 1 <> 0 or TRUE instead 1 = 1

Actually, in Perl it's just 0 for false and 1 for true, so it's very
readable if you're used to it.

> > I'm asking this because I frequently wonder what is best for my use; I
> > normally query postgres via Perl modules, which don't care about boolean
> > (the driver converts t/f to 0/1), but I like to tune my fields properly.
> >

> sure, it depends on fact if outer environment knows or doesn't know a
> boolean datatype.

In that case, I was really wondering from a data modeling standpoint.
Stephen's point seems good (only two values + null).

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/