Re: pg_upgrade defaulting to port 25432 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_upgrade defaulting to port 25432
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of vie jun 24 22:22:55 -0400 2011:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> > You want the environment variable support removed?
>
> I don't.  It's production usefulness is questionable, but it's quite
> handy for testing IMO.

If that's what you want, I think being able to read a file (whose
filename you pass with a switch to pg_upgrade) with a bunch of settings
is even more convenient.  Heck, maybe it's more convenient for the user
too.