Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
Date
Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of jue jun 09 16:02:14 -0400 2011:
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue jun 09 14:45:31 -0400 2011:

> > My thought is that it needs some beta testing.  Perhaps it'd be sane to
> > push it into beta2 now, and then back-patch sometime after 9.1 final,
> > if no problems pop up.

> FWIW I was about to push it but noticed that regression tests fail with
> this:
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(!ReindexIsProcessingIndex(((indexRelation)->rd_id)))", File:
"/pgsql/source/HEAD/src/backend/access/index/indexam.c",Line: 283)

> I just make distclean'd -- still there.  I'm gonna revert my patch and
> retry.

That was pretty weird.  I had rm'd the build tree and rebuilt, failure
still there.  I then did a git reset FETCH_HEAD, recompiled, and the
problem was gone.  git reset to my revision, failed.  Then git clean
-dfx, nuked the build tree, redid the whole thing from scratch, no
problem.  I guess there was a mismatch on the files that we build in the
source tree.

I have pushed it now.