Re: BUG #6050: Dump and restore of view after a schema change: can't restore the view - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #6050: Dump and restore of view after a schema change: can't restore the view
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie jun 03 10:59:00 -0400 2011:

> I'm inclined to write this off as "so don't do that".  There's nothing
> that pg_dump can do to make this work: it has to use the USING syntax
> for the join, and that doesn't offer any way to qualify the column name
> on just one side.  The only possible fix would be to try to make ALTER
> TABLE reject the addition of the conflicting column name to "c" in the
> first place.

Would it be possible to dump USING as an equivalent ON condition on
output (nodeToString), and then examine simple ON conditions to turn
them into USING conditions on input (stringToNode)?