Re: Moving a database between servers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Moving a database between servers
Date
List pgsql-general
"Michael ." <phifli@yahoo.com> writes:
> [ SQL function that references a TEMP table ]

> How do I get these functions to import correctly if it
> fails due to this "current_transaction" table not
> being found?

I don't think there is any good solution in 7.3, because it will insist
on trying to validate the function body.  A hack workaround is to create
the "current_transaction" table (as a plain, not TEMP, table), then
import your dump, then drop the table.

7.4 has a better solution (you can turn off function body checking in
CREATE FUNCTION), and 7.4's pg_dump will use it.

            regards, tom lane