Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 9/15/20 11:45 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It is listed already in the "Additional Modules" section (about line 2940
>> in release-13.sgml as of right now).

> ...sort of. It talks about the feature, but does not talk about the
> syntax removal, which is what I was originally searching for in the
> release notes.

Ah.  OK, we can certainly extend it to mention that.  How about
(not bothering with markup yet)

 Remove support for upgrading unpackaged (pre-9.1) extensions (Tom Lane)
+
+The FROM option of CREATE EXTENSION is no longer supported.