Re: ts_rank - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark
Subject Re: ts_rank
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>There's some potentially useful information here:
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/textsearch-controls.html#TEXTSEARCH-RANKING

Thanks for reply. I was reading the documentation of PostgreSQL, but there
it is not written the name of the used methods. Everywhere there is written,
that ts_rank use standard ranking function. But it is difficult to say which
is the standard function.
Somewhere I found that it is maybe based on Vector space model and it seems
to be truth, because in the code of tsrank.c is counted the frequency of
words, but I am not sure of that :-(