exposing float8-as-value to PGXS/makefiles - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject exposing float8-as-value to PGXS/makefiles
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was just messing around with a datatype that's based in int64
representation.  Pretty much everything (seems to) work cleanly, but one
problem I have is that I cannot build the correct CREATE TYPE sentence
in the .sql.in file to actually install the type, because there's no
easy way to figure out whether float64 (and therefore int64) is passed
by value or not.

configure gets the value as a C define but that's a PITA to use.  So
what I'm saying is that I'd like it to be exposed in Makefile.global or
something like that where pgxs-built things can use it to build their
SQL files.

I don't have a patch to show, but does the basic idea sound good?

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>