Re: select from a table having more than 32 fields: Quick Workaround - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: select from a table having more than 32 fields: Quick Workaround
Date
List pgsql-odbc
"Matteo Cavalleri" <theos@bp.lnf.it> writes:
> A select from a table having more than 32 fields fails during
> SQLDescribeCol on field # 33.

> In my opinion the driver try to allocate space for fields in blocks of
> 32 items as defined in FLD_INCR (parse.c) . The realloc() works
> well but for some reasons the fi pointer seems to get lost during
> SQLDescribeCol on column 1.

I think the bug is in lines 681-694 (of current CVS sources).  Actually
there are a couple bugs there: first that the new fi value is not stored
back into stmt->fi (your complaint).  Secondly, the calculation of
required space looks to me to have a bunch of errors, both fencepost
type (roundup of stmt->nfld to number of slots actually allocated is
wrong) and conceptual (roundup should be done on total number of slots
needed, not on parts of it).  I have no way to test ODBC, though, so
I won't try to fix it.

            regards, tom lane