Insufficient system resources for PostgreSQL 7.4.x? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jiří Němec
Subject Insufficient system resources for PostgreSQL 7.4.x?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I changed DB server assigned for developing PHP applications, from
MySQL to PostgreSQL.

- Celeron 566Mhz
- 128MB DDR 266MHz
- HDD 20GB Seagate 7200rpm
- Apache 2.0.52
- PHP 4.3.10
- PostgreSQL 7.4.6

But a problem occured. PHP scripts end due fatal errors "Fatal error:
Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded...". When I had used
MySQL there were no problems with similat queries. These queries work
with 20 records tables, so I think, problem is somewhere else.

Is necessary to upgrade HW or I can try to downgrade Apache, PHP and
PostgreSQL but I don't know if is solution...

Thank you very much for your replies.

--
Jiri Nemec