Re: Assertion failing in master, predicate.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Assertion failing in master, predicate.c
Date
Re: Assertion failing in master, predicate.c  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/21/19 8:03 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I also confirm that it only happens in HEAD, not v12.  I've not
>> actually bisected, but a look at the git history for predicate.c
>> sure makes it look like db2687d1f ("Optimize PredicateLockTuple")
>> must be to blame.

> `git bisect` shows the problem occurs earlier than that, and by
> chance the first bad commit was one of yours.  I'm not surprised
> that your commit was regarding LISTEN/NOTIFY, as the error is
> always triggered with a LISTEN statement.  (I've now hit this
> many times in many tests of multiple SQL statements, and the
> last statement before the error is always a LISTEN.)

Oh my, that's interesting!  I had wondered a bit about the LISTEN
changes, but it's hard to see how those could have any connection
to serializable mode.  This will be an entertaining debugging
exercise ...