Re: PostgreSQL backend process high memory usage issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shianmiin
Subject Re: PostgreSQL backend process high memory usage issue
Date
List pgsql-general
No I didn't configured 1.5GB shared memory. For this test I recreated a
database cluster and leave everything in the configuration as default.

As in the original post,
when the connection was first established, the memory usage of backend
process showed in top was

VIRT = 182MB, RES = 6240K, SHR=4648K

while running

pgbench memoryusagetest -c 1 -j 1 -T180 -f test.sql

I saw the memory climb up rapidly to

VIRT = 1661MB  RES = 1.5GB SHR = 55MB

once the tests is done, the process terminated and the memory returned to OS

Samuel