Re: PostgreSQL backend process high memory usage issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shianmiin
Subject Re: PostgreSQL backend process high memory usage issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Good point. Thanks.

The tests we did in house is all from client site and definitely not in a
single transaction. I just found this simplified test case can reproduce the
same memory usage issue and didn't pay too much attention to it.

If we repeatedly doing smaller batches, we can still see the backend memory
usage growing (and stable after all the views are selected).

I hope this is enough for looking into the issue. It would take me a while
since I am relatively new to PostgreSQL/Linux. That says, I could try to
rewrite the testing code in more convincing way if it's really needed. :)