Re: Mid cycle release? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Mid cycle release?
Date
Re: Mid cycle release?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Mid cycle release?  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: Mid cycle release?  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Point I want to make is - all those are cool features(and might be
> critical for some) but I don't think they warrant a dramatic change in
> the release cycle policy ...

Any release is going to have some things that are compelling and some
that aren't, for any particular person ... it's just that those things
vary depending on who you are ...

I was heard to gripe not long ago that feature freeze during August was
bad timing.  It would be interesting to try to do it during the spring
instead, just to see if people have more free time then.  So for me,
+1 for a shorter-than-a-year cycle this time, independently of what
features make it or don't.