Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.
List pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2011-02-10 at 12:58 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> There is make check target in doc/src/sgml/ that is supposed to catch
> this.  But it's probably hard to remember to run that.
>
> One thing I was thinking of was that we could add a global make
> maintainer-check target (a name I picked up from other projects) which
> would run various source code sanity checks.  Besides the SGML tabs
> issue, my favourite would be duplicate_oids.  Maybe if we could find a
> third use case, we'd have a quorum for implementing this.

Hah, I found one.  There's already a hidden maintainer-check target that
checks the NLS files syntax.

Anyway, here is a small patch that changes the duplicate_oids script to
return a nonzero exit status in case of a problem, and then creates a
global maintainer-check target that checks that and the SGML syntax and
the NLS thing.  Other things could be added in the future.
Documentation should be added.

Useful?

Attachment