Re: Bug in FOREIGN KEY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in FOREIGN KEY
Date
Re: Bug in FOREIGN KEY  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> ISTM commands/trigger.c is broken.
> The behabior seems to be changed by recent changes made by Tom.

Hm.  I changed the code to not log an AFTER event unless there is
actually a trigger of the relevant type, thus suppressing what I
considered a very serious memory leak in the non-deferred-trigger case.
Are there cases where we must log an event anyway, and if so what are
they?  It didn't look to me like the deferred event executor would do
anything with a logged event that has no triggers ...