How to add hosts to pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From general_lee
Subject How to add hosts to pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf?
Date
Re: How to add hosts to pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Re: How to add hosts to pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf?  ("C. Bensend" <benny@bennyvision.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to allow a remote host on our 10.3.55.X network remote access to
a Postgres Database on the same network.

We're running Solaris 10 with Postgres 83

My postgresql.conf looks like this;

listen_addresses = '*'                  # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                        # comma-separated list of addresses;
                                        # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
port = 5432

My pg_hba.conf looks like this;

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
host    all         all         10.3.55.0/24 255.255.255.0          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

I restart Postgres with;

svcadm restart svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit

But I get a "connection refused" if I try and telnet to port 5432 from a
remote host.

What am I missing?

Thanks,