Re: Shared invalidation cache messages for temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Shared invalidation cache messages for temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 20:44 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Looking at the code, it seems we create shared invalidation messages for
> temporary table activity?  Is this true?  Should we be avoiding it?
>
> I tested this by reviewing the code and checking calls to
> CacheInvalidateHeapTuple(), which happens for temporary table
> creation/destruction.

Yes, that gets called.

But in PrepareForTupleInvalidation() we ignore everything apart from
system relations, as the first check.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services