Re: Bug: COUNT() and ExecEvalAggref error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug: COUNT() and ExecEvalAggref error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dan Lyke <danlyke@flutterby.com> writes:
> On my development machine (Built from CVS late Sunday, February 18), I
> get:

>    test=# select count(id) from abc;
>    ERROR:  ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expression context

Try make distclean, configure, make all.  Someone else reported this
same symptom recently due to having inconsistent object files.

In general, anytime you do "cvs update", the safest approach is a make
distclean and full rebuild.  If you have not enabled dependency tracking
then that's the *only* procedure that will work reliably.  If you do
use --enable-depend then you may be able to get away with partial
rebuilds, but I don't trust that feature myself.  I figure I can do an
awful lot of automatic rebuilds in the time it will cost me to track
down even one "bug" caused by inconsistent files.