Re: Fwd: index corruption in PG 8.3.13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Fwd: index corruption in PG 8.3.13
Date
Re: Fwd: index corruption in PG 8.3.13
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Nikhil Sontakke's message of mié mar 09 10:51:50 -0300 2011:
> Re-sending without the attachments. Can someone please allow my
> attachments through from the previous email?

They are not in the moderation queue, so presumably they got eaten by
the antispam grue.

> Blocks 519 to 521 are DELETED. They do not have the LEAF flag set,
> meaning they could be internal pages, but that is strange since ROOT
> page is at level 1. Also importantly their next XID is set FrozenXid,
> meaning VACUUM FULL was at play. Maybe due to deletes, we reduced the
> hierarchy level or something?

Hierarchy level is never reduced.

I'll send you a perl program we wrote for a customer to check for
strange issues in btrees.  Please give it a spin; it may give you more
clues.  If you find additional checks to add, please let me know!