Re: Sync Rep v17 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Sync Rep v17
Date
Re: Sync Rep v17
Re: Sync Rep v17
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 15:25 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> No, I've never wished wait-forever option for now. I'd like to make
> the primary work alone when there is no connected standby, for
> high-availability.

allow_standalone_primary seems to need to be better through than it is
now, yet neither of us think its worth having.

If the people that want it can think it through a little better then it
might make this release, but I propose to remove it from this current
patch to allow us to commit with greater certainty and fewer bugs.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services