Re: Sync Rep v17 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: Sync Rep v17
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2011-03-02 11:40, Simon Riggs wrote:

> allow_standalone_primary seems to need to be better through than it is
> now, yet neither of us think its worth having.
>
> If the people that want it can think it through a little better then it
> might make this release, but I propose to remove it from this current
> patch to allow us to commit with greater certainty and fewer bugs.
As somebody who actually thought having it was a good idea, +1 for
remove. I can monitor having one or two sync standbys at all times and
let bells ring when they fail, but especially when things might break
and the standbys are gone, having allow_standalone_primary set to off is
a very efficient way to limit your options then to effectively zero with
the master.

regards,
Yeb Havinga